ConflictManagement Tips & Hints
- Allow the other person "vent",- allow them say their piece.
- Empathize- have some understanding of the other persons perspective on the issue
- Solicit feedback,-ask the other person relavent questions to get as much information as possible.
- Phrasing-"How can I help you", sounds much better than "Whats your problem"
- Do not be afraid to Apologize for the inconvenience. it is not an admission of guilt.
- Take ownership- try not to blame another on the issues that presented.
- Follow up-if you need to check something out ensure you get back t the customer/client.
- Be patient, listen,do not interrupt.
- Maintain your composure without being dismissive. It is no good if both you and the customer become angry. .
- Thank the person for being patient and highlighting the issue.
- Always have a exit strategy,in the event that there is a real threat of violence.
For explanations on the above or Training queries please do not hesitate to contact us.